Do you want to participate in our pan-European digital events and discussions?
What is Discord?
A popular free voice and text chat application for your desktop PC, Mac or smartphone. You can use Discord in your web browser or you can download the Discord app.
Quick Guide: How to join us
Enter your personal information. You’ll have to provide a valid email address, a unique username and a secure password.
You are now logged in to the server.
The server icons are listed along the left side of the screen.
By clicking “Talkroom 1” you’ve already joined in our discussion group (ConferenceCall). Please make sure that you allow Discord access to your microphone and headphones.
Note to speakers: You can only Go Live / stream your slides from the Windows desktop application: https://discord.com/download
Some of our events take place on Webex
You can find step-by-step instructions on how to use the app here.
Please register before attending Webex events. You will receive all important information by email.
A few hours before the event, access details will also be shared here.
The majority of our events take place on Discord, so we recommend setting up the app on your smartphone or notebook.
- Next, go to your inbox to verify your email address
- Open the email by Discord and click on Verify Email
- Once it is done, you will be able to use your Discord account
Step #2: Join the MeetEU Server
- A Server on Discord refers to the chatroom where you talk to your community
- To join a server, it is easiest to receive an invite URL from an administrator
- But first, you open https://discordapp.com/ in your browser
- On the top right coner, you may choose a language and Login into your account
- After clicking Login, you are asked to provide your email address and corresponding password
- You will then get to your (still) empty account
- On the left side, press the icon + to add a server to your account
- A pop-up window will open, click Join a server here
- Enter your invite URL and press Join
- To join MeetEU enter: https://discord.gg/mnBFWyY
- You successfully joined the MeetEU server
Step #3: Customize your Account
- Personalise your profile for how it looks to others when you communicate
- Navigate to the icon User Settings on the bottom left corner of the screen
- Under My Account, you may now change your avatar and username by clicking Edit
- Stroll through the menu on the left to discover even more opportunities for customization
Step #4: Explore the MeetEU Interface
- The first column on the very left lets you navigate between servers, add new ones and return to Home
- The second column shows your text and voice channels on MeetEU as well as general information about the server
- At the bottom you return to Settings and may set a Status
- The third and biggest column is your chat. It carries the name on top and orders incoming messages chronologically
- In the fourth column, you find the MeetEU member list and each member’s activity status: green = online, yellow = idle, red = do not disturb, grey = offline
Step #5: Join a Text or Voice Chat
- Text channels are easily recognized by the # symbol located to the left of the channel name.
- You find the chat bar at the bottom of the screen.
- Type your message in the box to be featured on the feed (max. 2,000 characters)
- Attach documents, images and videos via the icon + or via drag and drop
- Express yourself by using GIFs and emojis
- Discord allows you to pin messages as well as mention members by tagging them
- When connecting to a MeetEU voice channel, just click on the channel you want to join. Voice channels are recognized by the audio symbol in front of the name.
- You may be prompted to allow Discord access to your microphone.
- For voice messaging, (un)mute and (un)deafen yourself using the icons microphone and headphones
- If you want to leave a voice channel click on the phone with an ‘x’.
- To leave the MeetEU server click on User Settings, stroll down the menu until you reach Log Out.